Flabbygums

Flash, Flex, & Fun.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Flabbygums finally started a blog!

Here goes post #1

I had a very informal hour-long meeting w/ the CEO and VP of DoubleClick yesterday. They came to my work and were doing a public relations round w/ key clients and just wanted our feedback on DART/ Motif service/Flash-in-Flash, and a new in-stream tracking system for video. They also now offer creative assistance.

With the support of Ad-ID, Motif for In-Stream, it will allow online video reporting to be tailored to the needs of media buyers from the traditional television realm. I think this is huge because in the end that's when a check is cut - ie. when a marketer matches up an ad buy CPM with an impression pixel. Non-accountability has been a gripe of media buyers...still..last I read, online ad revenue is up 30% from this time last year and will grow from 700 million to 3 billion in the next 2 or 3 years. It's a good time to be involved in rich media.

If you don't know about flash-in-flash, it's a very cool set of DoubleClick classes you apply that enable tracking of about 100 different metrics - some mundane, inside of flash.
Also a way to serve in-Flash rich media ads via actionscript tags in addition to the usual html/javascript tag.

DoubleClick has always amazed me, they've survived and prospered quietly all these years and flown under the radar of the average user. I was invited to their data center South of Denver. I just might take them up on the offer.

I was interested and asked them if they had heard anything of Flash 9, AS3 and Apollo. Neither could say yes - granted this was the ceo and vp and they have "people" who get paid to know about it.

I can really see Apollo having a huge effect on rich media ads and impression counting. They asked me to fill them in on flash 9 and Apollo and and I was happy to oblige. The more support it gets for tracking the better for developers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ernesto said...

Im pretty sure you have many things to tell us. Come on Mike, blog a bit about your experience in Brighton!
I hope you had a great time. Was very nice to meet.
Salut!

December 08, 2006 7:02 AM  
Blogger flabbygums said...

Great to meet you too, Ernesto. I had an incredble time! You can read about it now and see my pics on flickr.

Peace,

//flabbygums.

December 08, 2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Richard Leggett said...

Hey man, just noticed you've been aggregated by MXNA, congrats!

June 18, 2007 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Home